Friday, May 1, 2009

Gloom Busters Click! Contest Winner!

We have a winner for our Gloom Busters Click! Contest... Congratulations to Allie who will receive a signed copy of Click! Read Allie's inspiring Gloom Busters strategy below and stay tuned for more Click! contests.

Dear Click!

How do I bust my gloom, you ask? Well, ever since I watched an episode of Oprah with my mom last year about thinking positively to get what you want – I can’t get enough if it! So, you can imagine how ecstatic I was to find Click! – a book for girls my age- that helped my achieve whatever I thought possible. I got started right away. I bought a cheap a bulletin board for my room, decorated it, and glued a big, fat YES in the middle – I call this my “Yes Board”. I write down, and draw pictures of things I want in life, and put them there to see every day. I also have a mini-list-version which I keep in my coat pocket – in case I ever need a little reminder to keep my spirits up. Whenever I feel negative thoughts creeping into my mind – I pull out the list, look at the board, or call my sister – whom I have trained very well in the ‘positive thinking’ department! I also have trained myself; to see the positive side of all situations, to remain thankful- no matter what, and, most of all, realize that if I want something for the right reasons, it will come to me. Over the last little while, this method of thinking has proved itself more times than one! I won meet and greet passes for my favourite singer, passed my exams with flying colours, got asked to my winter formal, landed my first TV commercial and went to Cuba (and that’s only naming a few!). Overall, the most valuable thing to me – and I know it may sound silly – is this quote: “If you believe, you can achieve”. This is the first thing I see when I wake up, and the last thing I see before bed (as it has made its way onto my bedroom wall). To me, it’s just SO true. I believe, and I DO achieve. Positive thinking has made my life so much more joyful, and one day I hope (actually, I KNOW!) I will share it with the world!

Thank you so much for writing Click!
It honestly goes with me EVERYWHERE!
You are truly an inspiration.


You loyal reader,
Alexandra 

No comments: